Breach of Contract

About This Project


As an employee, you may bring a claim for breach of contract at an Employment Tribunal pursuant to Employment Tribunals Extension of Jurisdiction (England and Wales) Order 1994. Breach of contract claims could include claims such as unpaid wages, bonuses or holiday pay.


You may only bring the claim if the claim arises or is outstanding on the termination of your employment. This indicates that you can only bring a claim for breach of contract if you are no longer an employee. You will need to present your claim to the Employment Tribunal within a period of 3 months beginning with either the effective date of termination or the last day that you worked.


An employer may bring a counterclaim at the Employment Tribunal for breach of contact against you if you have brought a claim for breach of contract falling within the remits of the Order. The time limit to do so is 6 weeks from the day that the employer received your last claim for breach of contract from the Employment Tribunal.


The maximum amount that a Tribunal is entitled to order to be paid is £25,000.

Practice Areas

Contact us for a consultation

Initial chat is free and no obligation | Speak to us in confidence

South Woodford

Address: 1A Fullers Parade, Fullers Road, South Woodford, London E18 2BF


Phone: 020 3245 1800

View on Map


City of London

Address: 107 Cheapside, London EC2V 6DN


Phone: 0203 245 1806

View on Map


Your Full Name (required)

Email address (required)

Phone Number (required)